MGHPO needed to expand their outpatient services to include additional OR’s in the MOB located in Waltham. 6 new OR’s with the capability of expansion for two more are the focus of the project. To assist the OR’s, 24 new PACU bays are included that are available for a 23 hour stay.
Due to the projects remote location and given the amount of supplies needed, an onsite, a stand-alone sterile processing facility is part of the project. Means for a future compounding pharmacy are in place. This work is part of an overall plan to repurpose an office building into a high-level medical office building.
– Two new custom air handling units capable of producing 35,000 CFM of air each
– Service vestibules for the air handlers were sized to accommodate other systems such as a steam boiler for humidification.
– New back-up power generation
– New main service feed dedicated to the project
– A pre-manufactured plumbing and medical gas room is located on the roof which includes medical compressed air, vacuum systems, backflow prevention and domestic hot water heaters.
– A new gas main was plumbed for the various services.